Ever wonder what kind of pet birds are the best for you? Here are five introductions to five pet birds that would make a great companion for you and your family:
1. Parakeets, known as budgies or budgerigars, are arguably the most popular pet parrots. They make for a great choice as they are friendly with children when tamed and caring for them are relatively simple and easy. Keep in mind however that they are quite the social kind and require frequent interaction. It's probably a good idea to purchase two of these feathered darlings as you can get much joy watching them interact with each other. They live about 12 to 20 years with your tender loving care.
2. Cockatiels, are medium sized parrots who claim Australia as their home country. What's delightful about these feathered creatures are that they can learn to talk and sing. Like Parakeets, they can be good with children but tend to be more clam. With their lively orange spots on their cheeks, you would be hard pressed to not show your affection towards these birds. Cockatiels can live up to 15 to 30 or more years.
3. Sun Conures, are another medium sized parrots that display colorful array of feathers. Like Cockatiels they can learn to talk and sing but tend to accompany their tricks also with a large shriek to signal others of dangers or to show that they are unhappy. Of the five parrots introduced here, they are hands down most colorful and majestic to observe.
4. Parrotlets, may be small in size but pack a jolt of energy. Like the rest of the parrots, they possess high level of intelligence and carry an attitude much like their bigger cousins.Unlike Sun Conures, they're well behaved in terms of volume level which makes them quite ideal for apartment dwellers.
5. African greys, are by far the most difficult of the five to maintain and care for but definitely among the most rewarding. With some dedication and love, these winged buddies can learn numerous amount of words and sounds. As they are highly intelligent, they tend to bore easily and so will require plenty of attention. They can live as long as 100 years or more!
It is recommended that when you do decide to welcome these beautiful creatures to your homes, you obtain a young, hand-fed birds that will be easy to train and tame. With proper care and love, these pet birds will fast become adoring companions in your life.